Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ski like a girl says, "Let Clyde Compete!"

Only 10 days until the Opening Ceremony in Vancouver and Argentina's, Freestyle Aerialist, Clyde Getty doesn't know if he will be competing.



I think Clyde explains it best.  The following is from Clyde's One Winter, Five Dreams blog:

"Here's the deal, however...

I still believe that I will compete in Vancouver, but I still do not know. Talk about "crazy Clyde"...geeeeeze.  The lists have gone out, I am still on a waiting list. It's not over yet, apparently, and no overweight person is singing. 

My understanding is as such. ..there ARE available spots. Only 24 of 25 of the womens spots are filled, and there are also additional spots that can be allocated for men and/or women. Certainly the rules in the FIS documentation are not clear.  Every official person I have been able to ask, has not been able to give me a definite answer on how decisions are made and who makes them.

I did my part in following the guidelines, and going to all the possible competitions to best improve my chances for the games.  There are FIS guidelines, and Olympic (IOC) guidelines. Olympic guidelines follow the creed (I would assume)...


As the Olympic Creed states, "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."


Is seems that the "creed" is not really being followed. Because if it were, I would be in, and so would a few other athletes from other countries.

I also ask this...Why do other freestyle events (moguls and skicross) get 30 competitors, yet aerials only gets 25? 

Sooooo,
As of this moment, I am NOT in.  However,
That CAN change. 

I know that all of you want me to be competing in Vancouver. So, in order to help the cause, I would encourage you to ask what's up with that? The FIS is located in Switzerland, and is at 
I do not think that I need to give any specific emails (yet), but I am sure that it is easy to find the Freestyle directors, or other personnel contact info.  If you need some direction or have any other comments, you may contact me at GoToVancouver@GettySystems.com


You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometime...you get what you need...
Famous words, yes. True, yes.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Good words, but really now...not making it to the games is certainly not the worst.

It's about the journey, not the goal.   

Hmmmm. That's a tough one.  I certainly am enjoying the journey, but c'mon now, that goal would feel awefully good.

But remember, my goal is to land two triples, in competition, at the Olympic games in Vancouver.  

Very specific, yes. I am always risking not making that goal.  If I do everything right, I will accomplish it.  But, I must do everything right. That is my Olympic challenge.

It is what it is, and what happens, happens, but I will do everything in my power to compete in Vancouver."

-Clyde Getty

Clyde Getty isn't a man who gives up easily.

Clyde goes from this...




To this...


And gets up to do it again!

I believe Clyde is going to the Olympics. Let's do our best to help him get there. 

  1. Email the FIS www.FIS-Ski.com
  2. Leave messages of support on his blog
  3. Email Clyde if you need other ideas GoToVancouver@GettySystems.com
  4. Leave comments here on ski like a girl and I will pass them along.
xoxo,
ski girl
p.s.  Join me in helping Clyde make his Olympic dream a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment