Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ski like a girl: Kazuhiro Koshi is going for the Gold!


"I'm in it to win it," Kazuhiro Koshi told Japanese reporters after returning from a World Cup event in Europe. "All I am thinking of is the gold medal." One Winter, Five Dreams featured Skeleton athlete, Kazuhiro Koshi has qualified as the oldest member on the Japanese Winter Olympics team.

Koshi has this to say about age and athletics; "

I want the young ones to be more aggressive and much more hungry. I want them to challenge me more. Age has no relevance. It's one contender against the others. As a contender I need to feel that way. If I didn't I shouldn't even compete. If I'm not challenging myself for a medal I would betray my supporters and the media. Of course, only the gold."

Koshi is back in Japan from his overseas competitions. He arrived home the same day he qualified for the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games. What a wonderful homecoming for him!

"My goal is to earn a gold medal. But that's not all.
I also want to show my professional attitude and to not to give up until the end.
I hope, that if anything else, I can set an example for those who follow me and encourage them to follow their dreams.
I appreciate your support."

In 1999, Koshi became the first athlete from Japan to win at the Nagano World Cup. He also competed in the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Olympic Games finishing 8th and 11th in the 2006 Torino Winter Olympic Games. For more about Koshi's Skeleton record click here.

Follow his story as at age 45, he once again is heading to the Olympics! With athletes from age 15 to 45, the Japanese team is multi-generational. Click here to read full article.

"Koshi said walking out at next month's opening ceremony alongside 15-year-old speed skater Miho Takagi, Japan's youngest competitor in Vancouver, would feel strange.



“It will be a bit like going out there with my 13-year-old daughter,” he said. “But I'll show you all what an old man can do — you wait!”

ski like a girl can't wait to see what Koshi can do!

xoxo,

ski girl

p.s. Check out Koshi's new facebook fan page. Become a fan and support his Olympic dream! 36 fans so far and growing. Spread the word and become a fan.

p.p.s.It's not too late to win a trip to the Olympics. Only 5 days left to enter. Panasonic's One Winter, Five Dreams Gold Blogger contest. ski like a girl has entered! Share in the passion and excitement of the 2010 Winter games!

Posted via web from ski like a girl's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment