Monday, January 25, 2010

ski like a girl & flying from Clyde Getty's perspective

Flying from Clyde's perspective.

Clyde Getty, wearing a water proof helmet camera, performs a Lay-Lay (double back flip layed out) in the 2010 Lake Placid World Cup Freestyle Men's Aerials competition, 1/22/10. Clyde finished in 35th overall. Click here for full results.

Here is Clyde's Coach John's view of his Lay-Lay-Lay (triple layout back flip) in the 2010 Deer Valley World Cup, 1/15/10. Clyde came in 35th overall. Click here for full results.


Clyde said the, "triples were easy, fun, and HUGE."

Here's a little back and forth between me and Clyde. You know how much I love this stuff!

From Clyde's blog post: Triple today...competion tomorrow.

Sweet, triples!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Stay focused and keep your mind clear. You can do it. You have all the skills and experience necessary for success. Best of luck in your competition tomorrow.

Posted by leilani aka ski girl at Jan 18, 2010 1:02 AM

Leilani-
Yes triple. No problem. Deer Valley was great despite my cold. As I said to Jeffrey, I would like to think that it did not affect me. Maybe it did, but I don't think so. I competed with triple Layout...and that was the first time I did it in competition ever. It may be the first time it was EVER done in competition by anyone. That would be sweeeeet. I have video of it, and I will put it on here as soon as I can. Thanks again for your great support. Abrazos :-{)

Posted by Author Profile Page Clyde Getty replied to leilani aka ski girl at Jan 22, 2010 3:02 AM

And a little more from Clyde's post "How was Calgery?"

Love the detail you go into between the double and the triple. The math is beyond me but what you do is very impressive. Were you in Park City in July? I saw the Flying Ace performance over the 4th so I have some idea of what your summer training entails. I also ran up the hill to the Utah Olympic Park as part of my training. I've been posting info on you and the other 4 One Winter, Five Dreams athletes on my blog www.ski-like-a-girl.blogspot.com Keep up the great work! Looking forward to reading about Deer Valley. Best Wishes.

Posted by leilani at Jan 12, 2010 1:13 AM

Leilani-
Yes, I was in the Flying Ace shows, probably even the one on July 4th. You must definitely be in great shape if you can run up the Olympic Park hill. I would dread that. Maybe next you'll be jumping and going off "Mongo"!

But, yet another adventure comes in Deer Valley! Thank you for your enthusiastic support. :-{)

Posted by Author Profile Page Clyde Getty replied to leilani at Jan 22, 2010 2:40 AM

Hmmm, I have video of that Flying Aces show from the 4th. I need to go back and check it out.


Clyde Getty is one of Panasonic's One Winter, Five Dreams featured athletes. Learn more about Clyde's journey to the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics by reading his blog. Share your messages of support with Clyde and the other athletes as they make their way to the games.

xoxo,

ski girl

p.s. Only 6 days left to win a trip to the Olympics! Enter Panasonic's One Winter, Five Dreams Gold Blogger contest. ski like a girl has entered! Share in the passion and excitement of the 2010 Winter games!

Posted via web from ski like a girl's posterous

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I think Clyde is a very inspiring person. All of the athleetes in the One Winter, 5 Dreams are pushing me to push myself in my efforts to become better at the things that I do.

    ReplyDelete