Sunday, June 28, 2009

google adsense doesn't love me anymore :(

Last week I received an email from Google AdSense stating that they were canceling my AdSense account. Here's the email they sent me.

Google AdSense Account Disabled



Hello,



While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our
advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in advance
for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any questions about your account or the actions we've taken,
please do not reply to this email. You can find more information by
visiting
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

When I followed the link they sent me I found this very informative bit of info:

"Why was my account disabled? Can you tell me more about the invalid click activity you detected?



Because we have a need to protect our proprietary detection system, we're unable to provide our publishers with any information about their account activity, including any web pages, users, or third-party services that may have been involved.

As you may know, Google treats invalid click activity very seriously, analyzing all clicks and impressions to determine whether they fit a pattern of use that may artificially drive up an advertiser's costs or a publisher's earnings. If we determine that an AdSense account may pose a risk to our AdWords advertisers, we may disable that account to protect our advertisers' interests.

Lastly, please note that as outlined in our Terms and Conditions, Google will use its sole discretion when determining instances of invalid click activity."

I'm not sure exactly what they mean by invalid click activity. My understanding was that I could never click on my own ads and I haven't. Even though some of them look interesting. I'm a skier and the ads were content specific. What other people do when visiting my blog is up to them.

I was very hurt by this. Google AdSense doesn't love me anymore.

There were 2 days that I had more than 100 visitors. This may have been construed as unusual activity. I have no idea whether these visitors clicked on the AdSense ads or not!

Now I can appeal and I think I'm going to. When I research AdSense disabling accounts I found other Bloggers that this had happened to. One situation was very similar to mine. His visitors shot up over a period of a few days and Google AdSense then disabled him. He appealed 2 times and got AdSense reinstated. Here is his story.

Google AdSense I'm not sure if I want you anymore. I learned a little something from "He's Just Not That Into You" and I'm exploring my options.

xoxo,
-ski girl

1 comment: