Friday, June 12, 2009

blue lake triathlon vs. world naked bike ride






Tomorrow is the big day and I'm ready. The Blue Lake Triathlon. A little pre-race jitters but I'm feeling good. I picked up my race packet today and my wave of the race has pink swim caps. Very girly, I love it.

For those of you who have absolutely no interest in triathlons let me offer you another biking option. This month our lovely Portland is home to Pedalpaloooza. Pedalpaloooza is 2+ weeks of biking fun. With 197 mostly free events.

Here are some of the more interesting highlights for this Saturday, June 13th, 2009.

The main event Saturday is the midnight World Naked Bike Ride.
WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE
11:59pm
Join us in the largest naked ride in North America, and quite possibly the world, as we gently protest against the fossil fuel dependence, and show the world a better, funner way. Click here for more propaganda. The dress code is officially "as bare as you dare". The ride is a loop, starting and ending at the dance party. This is an unsupported ride, meaning you ride at your own risk.


You can also pedal sans bike shorts in the daytime with the WNBR Sunny Nekkid Ride.
WNBR SUNNY NEKKID RIDE
Coe Circle, NE 39th and Glisan
2:00pm
Proof Portland is twice the bike city of anywhere else: we kick it with two WNBR. This one because nekkid in the sun is sublime.

Or another option is the Fig Leif 5k and Off Road Naked Bike Ride. Wow if they would throw in a swim somewhere and this could be the new naked triathlon. And I was worried about the lack of support in my tri suit.


FIG LEIF NAKED RUN/RIDE
Forest Park, NW Leif Eriksen Drive
(500 yards beyond the NW Thurman Street gate)
7:30pm - 8:30pm, Gathering begins 15 minutes prior to the start This is the 4th Year of the Fig Leif 5K with the addition of Portland's first Off-Road Naked Bike Ride. Both events start at the paved section of NW Leif Erickson Road at 7:30pm on Saturday, June 13th. This is the area about 500 yards beyond the entry gate at the top of NW Thurman St hill.

Pick your ride and have fun. You know where I'll be tomorrow.
Keep in touch and let me know how your weekend goes. I'd love to hear from you. If you make it to the WNBR keep the pics to yourself.
xoxo
-swim, bike, and run like a girl


No comments:

Post a Comment