Friday, May 29, 2009

Those skinny bitches

I love those skinny bitches!!! What do chocolate cake and weight loss have to do with each other? Typically chocolate cake would be something to avoid while attempting any sort of weight loss program. Some how the skinny bitches have come up with a way to have your cake and eat it too. Skinny Bitch In the Kitch, Kick-ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!) is full of healthy, vegan recipes from breakfast to dinner. What does it say about me that the first recipe I try is the Chocolate Suicide Cake?

I was truly frightened by the idea of making the chocolate cake. As you know I'm deep in my clean eating/workout plan. The thought of having a 9" x 13" chocolate cake hanging around in my kitchen was disturbing. Knowing that it was there, calling out to me, tempting me... This cake had the potential to seriously derail my weight loss plans. Surprisingly that isn't what happened.

My daughter and I made the cake together and it was absolutely delicious. I had a small piece for dessert that night. It was moist, rich, and decadent. I enjoyed every bite and somehow one small piece was enough. The next morning I weighed myself and miraculously I had lost 1 pound! I made it through the day without succumbing to the the temptation of the cake. After dinner I had another small slice. The next morning, another pound was gone. That night I tried it again and woke to the same result. It's a magical weight loss cake. All total I had 3 pieces of cake and lost 3 pounds.

So 3 pounds lighter and the cake is gone. I've shared it with family and friends who all experienced similar results. Now this is hardly a scientific finding but somehow eating Chocolate Suicide Cake=weight loss. So the questions I'm pondering are; Do I make another cake? How long can this go on? There is a recipe for Vanilla Cake. Will that work? I realize the weight loss could be attributed to many factors my work outs, over all calories eaten those 3 days, taking a day off to rest... but I'd rather believe in the magical powers of the skinny bitch's Chocolate Suicide Cake. I have a proposition for you, my dear readers, make the cake, enjoy every bite, and let me know your results. Can't wait to hear from you.
xoxo, ski girl

No comments:

Post a Comment