Thursday, September 17, 2009

trail running Hawaiian Style


I'm having some serious post Hawaiian vacation withdrawals so I thought a photo retrospective of my favorite beach run would help. Hope it makes you as happy as it made me. I woke up each morning at 6, that's 9 in Portland (I was on vacation!). I'd head outside and eat my Mother's Peanut Butter Bumpers with Vanilla Soy Milk while watching the waves roll in and the sky light up as the sun made it's way over Mauna Kea. A little morning stretch and then off I'd go on my favorite part of my day, my run. I'm running the Timberline 1/2 Marathon this weekend so I had to keep the miles up vacation or no vacation.

End of Puako Road, Paniau Bay



Beach at the Mauna Lani.








Rough trails!

Watch out for the golfers!


Near The Fairmont Orchid entrance. The bellmen graciously hand out bottled water
and a towel under the assumption that you are a guest. I stopped there daily.
The road to the Puako Petroglyphs
Back at the Beach Park

The path back to Puako!

Home again for a little oceanside circuit training in the backyard.
I will dream about this run as Portland rains begin to fall. I can't wait to go back! Spring break? Wait shouldn't I be making ski vacation plans?!

xoxo,
ski girl
p.s. Running on sand, lava, and other varied terrain is a great way to get those ski muscles working! Just watch your step and enjoy the gorgeous view.

No comments:

Post a Comment