Saturday, September 19, 2009

ski girl hits the trail



Run more, walk less.  That is my plan for tomorrow's Timberline 1/2 Marathon.  Somehow in my last 1/2 marathon, Haulin' Aspen, I became a walker.  I was stunned. I don't even walk on my training runs.  I may run slow, really slow, but I keep running.  A combination of mountain town elevation, improper nutrition, and the flu lead to a lot of walking.  It was one tough run! 

Today I'm well rested, eating great, and most importantly feeling good.  I'm watching the Ironman China for inspiration.  And also to remind myself that however tough the run feels tomorrow at least I didn't swim and bike first.  I'll let you know how it goes.

xoxo,
ski girl
p.s.  It may not be skiing but at least I'll be on the mountain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment